Forum moves from set-up to implementation
The Forum met on Tuesday 15 December 2015 to continue its work to identify, prioritise and develop strategic, collaborative initiatives to promote innovation in the interest of service-users.
The second meeting of the Forum saw members considering a wide range of topics, including:
- Agreeing the outputs from an away day held on the 13 of November;
- Approving the Forum’s high-level programme of work for the coming year;
- Considering the first reports received from the working groups created at the October meeting;
- Agreeing the objectives, principles and structure for the strategy it will produce next year; and
- Receiving an update on the Forum’s communications and engagement plan for 2016.
Building on the PSR’s engagement with the Payments Community, the Forum has been focussing on where detriments to users exist in the payments value chain. At the December meeting members agreed the final list of detriments that now serves as foundation document to underpin all work going forward.
Ruth Evans, the Forum's chair said:
“Identifying a definitive list of detriments that impact users in the payment value chain is a critical first step in delivering strategic initiatives that place the needs of users at its centre. Having agreed what these detriments are, we are now well placed to develop the most appropriate solutions to address them.”
The Forum’s working groups will categorise, prioritise and assess their respective detriments and report progress back to the Forum.
The third meeting of the Forum is scheduled to take place on Thursday, 25 February 2016. All documents will be made available online ahead of the meeting.