As part of the PSR’s market review, IFF Research were commissioned to conduct qualitative scoping interviews and a quantitative telephone survey with small and medium sized merchants that use card-acquiring services.
This paper outlines the methodological approach taken to the quantitative survey; covering sampling, fieldwork and weighting.
This document should be read alongside:
- Card-acquiring market review interim report (MR18/1.7)
- Annex 1 Industry Background (MR18/1.7 Annex 1)
- Annex 2 Pass-through analysis (MR18/1.7 Annex 2)
- Annex 3 Financial review (MR18/1.7 Annex 3)
- Annex 4 Scheme fees (MR18/1.7 Annex 4)
- Annex 5 Barriers to entry and expansion (MR18/1.7 Annex 5)
- Glossary (MR18/1.7 Glossary)
- IFF Research - annex on merchant survey results