The directions and policies set out in our Policy Statement lay the ground work for delivering our objectives.
Setting out this framework is just the start and there is more for us all to do to make sure we have the dynamic, innovative and successful payments sector that we aim for.
Why are we publishing this document?
This document sets out an ambitious programme of work that will build on the solid foundation of our Policy Statement.
What does the Policy Work Programme cover?
The programme sets out the following areas of focus from 1 April 2015:
1. Strategy setting projects
- Payments Strategy Forum (a new strategy setting process for the payments industry)
- Alignment of ongoing strategic projects with our objectives (for example 'world class payments' and cheque imaging)
2. Market projects
- Implementation of our access and governance directions and policies
- Market review into the supply of indirect access to payment systems
- Market review into the ownership and competition of payments infrastructure
- Card payment systems programme of work
3. Supporting projects
- Innovation horizon scanning project
- PSR policy success measures project
4. Pipeline projects
- ATM interchange fees
- Consumer Redress
What happens next?
For our policies and regulation to work we need to engage with all of our stakeholders. We will start by getting your views on the work we propose and what it means for you by holding a series of roundtables in the coming weeks.
We will publish more information about these roundtables shortly.