This event has now finished
On 10 May, the PSR Panel's Digital Payments Initiative report was published.
The Initiative concluded there are four high-level areas of focus to address to enable greater take-up of digital payments:
- improving awareness, understanding and trust in digital payment options;
- tackling barriers to new digital payment services and service features, including enabling new functionalities and improving trust by addressing fraud risks;
- reducing digital exclusion; and
- putting better data in place to monitor the transition to digital payments.
On 15 June, we will be hosting a workshop to discuss the Panel’s report. On the day, we would like to:
- hear the views of stakeholders on the report’s recommendations and on any other solutions that could help enable take-up of digital payments, including by the cash-reliant
- explore the roles of the PSR and of others in addressing digital exclusion as a barrier to take-up of digital payments
Dr Ruth Wandhöfer, the PSR Panel Chair, will introduce the report and take Q&A.
If you have expertise and views to contribute to the discussion – perhaps from the perspective of a consumer representative, expert on digital exclusion or digital payments, merchant payee, bank, payment initiation service provider or other fintech, payment scheme, or relevant industry association – please get in touch.
If you would like to attend, RSVP by no later than 13 June by completing the form below. Places are limited and we will get back to you to confirm your place.
Date: 15 June
Time: 10am start. Ends 1pm.
Location: PSR offices, 12 Endeavour Square, London